Nominate an outstanding citizen for the Pinnacle Citizen Award
Do you know an outstanding citizen? Nominate them for the Pinnacle Citizen award. See below for eligibility and details.
The Pickens County Pinnacle Citizen award recognizes outstanding citizenship in one or more of the following areas:
- Economic Stewardship: Demonstrated commitment to a strong local economy
- Environmental Stewardship: Demonstrated commitment to ecological sustainability
- Safety and Wellness Stewardship: Demonstrated commitment to public safety or health
- Acts of Selflessness or Courage: Extraordinary act(s) of bravery or courage, service, kindness or compassion toward others
- Leadership: Inspires others or serves as a role model by going above and beyond what is necessary or expected
- Nominee must live, work or serve in Pickens County. Those who currently reside in Pickens County will receive priority consideration.
- If nominated posthumously, the nominee must have significant history of living, working or serving in Pickens County during their lifetime.
- Open to all ages, but written permission to publicize will be required from the nominee's parent or guardian if the nominee is under the age of 18 years old.
- Current county employees, elected officials and their immediate families are ineligible.
- Former employees and elected officials are eligible, provided they meet all other eligibility criteria
- Finalists will be notified and must consent to a background check to advance
Nomination & Selection Process
- Nominations will be accepted from the public year-round and reviewed quarterly
- Nominators must be Pickens County residents or have significant presence in Pickens County (own a business, volunteer on a committee, etc.)
- County employees and elected officials are eligible to nominate someone
- Groups or organizations (businesses, religious organizations, social clubs, families, etc.) may nominate someone collectively, provided they are located in or have significant presence in Pickens County and designate a single member of the group as the primary contact
- Nominators must be able to provide basic contact information for the nominee in order to notify them
- If nominator is nominating someone posthumously, nominator should provide contact information for a living relative or someone with whom they had a close personal affiliation (this can be the nominator)
- Recipients will be invited to accept the Pinnacle Citizen Award publicly at a Pickens County Council meeting
- Due to the application review schedule and subsequent screening process, it could take up to six months from the time of nomination for a nominee to be named a finalist, if at all.
- A nomination does not guarantee that a nominee will advance as a finalist. Only finalists will be notified of their nomination.
- A nominator may not nominate the same nominee more than once in a 12-month period; you may nominate someone you previously nominated if it has been more than one year since the last time they were nominated
Click on one of the nomination methods and complete per the form's instructions. Online forms will be received automatically when you submit your form. For the PDF document, return instructions are within the document. Please select only one method of submission. The information collected in each form is identical; therefore, it is not necessary to complete both, nor does it improve the nominee's odds of being selected.
Online nomination form
PDF form (print and mail or email)