Building codes staff strives to provide courteous, efficient, and prompt service. While we may limit in office permit issuance past 4:30 pm each day, we will take all permit applications up to office closing. If an application for a building permit is taken after 4:30 pm, our staff promises to make every effort to have it ready for payment and issuance via our online permit portal as soon as possible.Mission
Pickens County Building Codes Administration is committed to protecting the lives property and welfare of the residents of Pickens County through the enforcement of the adopted International Building Codes, Pickens County Ordinances and Federal, State and Local Floodplain management requirements.
Online Permitting, Planning, and Inspections EnerGov Citizen Self Service
EnerGov Citizen Self Service is a new county tool used for permitting and planning applications and scheduling inspections. This multifaceted site includes various features, that, when fully implemented during the upcoming months, will allow you to:
- Create an account
- Submit building and trade permits and upload plans
- Submit planning cases and upload plans
- Request inspections and view inspection results
- Make payments
- Print permits and invoices
To begin using EnerGov Citizen Self Service please click on the link below to be redirected to the website. New users must register for an account. In order to apply for a permit or planning case, check statuses on permits or cases, pay any fees, or schedule an inspection a log-in is required. Once logged in, all permits and cases tied to the account will be available to view.
Click here to access the EnerGov Citizen Self Service website.
- Provide a preeminent permitting, inspection and enforcement service to the residents, design and construction professionals of Pickens County.
- Endeavor to provide superior personal customer service.
- Provide professional inspection services in all construction disciplines within 24 hours of the request.
- Offer all services as fiscally conservative stewards of taxpayer funds.
- Educate and train all inspectors and staff on current and newly adopted applicable building codes and department procedures.
- Provide Floodplain Management and flood information services to the residents of Pickens County.
- Provide timely County Ordinance Code compliance.
Pickens County Building Codes Administration
222 McDaniel Avenue, B-10
Pickens, SC 29671
Phone: (864) 898-5950
Fax: (864) 898-5795
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
While permit applications will be accepted until closing, permit issuance ends at 4:30 pm