Building codes staff strives to provide courteous, efficient, and prompt service. While we may limit in office permit issuance past 4:30 pm each day, we will take all permit applications up to office closing. If an application for a building permit is taken after 4:30 pm, our staff promises to make every effort to have it ready for payment and issuance via our online permit portal as soon as possible.
*ADDRESSING HAS MOVED TO THE E911 DEPARTMENT*
Adopted Modifications and Mandatory Codes - Effective January 1, 2023
Online Permitting, Planning and Inspections EnerGov Citizen Self Service
- Create an account
- Submit building and trade permits and upload plans
- Submit planning cases and upload plans
- Request inspections and view inspection results
- Make payments
- Print permits and invoices
Click here to access the EnerGov Citizen Self Service website.
- Provide a preeminent permitting, inspection and enforcement service to the residents, design and construction professionals of Pickens County.
- Endeavor to provide superior personal customer service.
- Provide professional inspection services in all construction disciplines within 24 hours of the request.
- Offer all services as fiscally conservative stewards of taxpayer funds.
- Educate and train all inspectors and staff on current and newly adopted applicable building codes and department procedures.
- Provide timely County Ordinance Code compliance.
Pickens County Building Codes Administration
222 McDaniel Avenue, B-10
Pickens, SC 29671
Phone: (864) 898-5950
Fax: (864) 898-5795
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
While permit applications will be accepted until closing, permit issuance ends at 4:30 pm