The mission of the Information Technology department is for complete integration of technology and services, including hardware, software, middleware, and networks; to better serve our workforce and citizens of our county.
- To serve as a consultant and strategic partner to all County departments to develop technical solutions to support County operations
- Installation and maintenance of networking infrastructure both for a Local Area network along with a Wide Area Network
- Installation and maintenance of Servers, Desktop Computers
- Provide support for end-user configurations of both software and hardware
- Assist in Elections process for the office of Registration and Elections
- Provide Email support and training for end-users
- Document long term plans, architecture, and standards for Pickens County technology needs
- Update disaster recovery procedures
- Imaging systems (Document Imaging)
- Custom programming needs to accommodate specific needs for user departments.
- Telephone systems - Provide support for End-user configurations along with Training and Repair
- Programming and Management of Voice Mail System
- Computer desktop refurbishment project - ongoing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the procedure for requesting copies of information in mass form or generating a customized report or database?
A. You must first download and complete the Request for Service form identifying the specific information that is being requested and the method of delivery that is preferred. Once this form has been forwarded to the IT Department, you will be contacted with a price to produce this information and to make arrangements for payment and delivery of your specific report or database.
Pickens County Administration Facility
222 McDaniel Avenue, B-12
Pickens, SC 29671
Phone: (864) 898-5882