The mission of the Pickens County Planning Department is to set the direction for sustainable growth, livable communities, and the effective management of our natural resources and infrastructure systems.
Online Permitting, Planning, and Inspections EnerGov Citizen Self Service
EnerGov Citizen Self Service is a new county tool used for permitting and planning applications and scheduling inspections. This multifaceted site includes various features, that, when fully implemented during the upcoming months, will allow you to:
- Create an account
- Submit building and trade permits and upload plans
- Submit planning cases and upload plans
- Request inspections and view inspection results
- Make payments
- Print permits and invoices
To begin using EnerGov Citizen Self Service please click on the link below to be redirected to the website. New users must register for an account. In order to apply for a permit or planning case, check statuses on permits or cases, pay any fees, or schedule an inspection a log-in is required. Once logged in, all permits and cases tied to the account will be available to view.
Click here to access the EnerGov Citizen Self Service website.
- To implement the goals and objectives set forth in the Pickens County Comprehensive Plan
- To implement and streamline the procedures set forth in the Unified Development Standards Ordinance
- To develop and implement a Community Planning Program for Pickens County
- To assist Pickens County departments, agencies, and citizens on planning related projects
- To promote education and training programs in planning and land use law at the staff level and citizen level
- To improve the Planning Department databases and reports to better serve the citizens, County Council, and County staff
- To develop citizen brochures and other planning documents to educate the public on departmental and ordinance procedures and schedules
Pickens County Administration Facility
222 McDaniel Avenue, B-10
Pickens, SC 29671
Phone: (864) 898-5956
Fax: (864) 898-5795