Download Employment Application
Download Sheriff's Office Employment Application
- Pickens County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We E-Verify.
- All positions require a valid state driver’s license.
- Positions are open until filled.
- Pre-employment drug screening and SLED backgrounds are required.
- A 10-year driver record is required of all candidates applying for a position
in which a County vehicle will be driven.
- Pre-employment assessments are required for certain positions, including EMS,
Detention, truck drivers, and motor equipment operators.
- Applicants applying for positions with the County are required to meet the minimum
qualifications or; an equivalent combination of training and experience in
reference to the position for which they apply, before an application may be
- Employment with Pickens County is based on an at-will and voluntary relationship.
The employment application is not a contract.
If you are interested in any of the following job openings, please apply
Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW) located at
Tri-County Technical College,
1776 Powdersville Road, Easley or
apply in person
at the Human Resources Office,
222 McDaniel Avenue, B14, Pickens SC 29671.
Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge,
pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects
of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
or age. If you believe that you have been discriminated against in violation of
the law, you should immediately contact Human Resources at 898-5855.
Position Type: Label
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working
in this class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work
of the class as necessary.
INVOLVEMENT WITH DATA, PEOPLE AND THINGS
INVOLVEMENT WITH THINGS:
VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE PREPARATION
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
JUDGEMENTS AND DECISIONS
JUDGEMENTS AND DECISIONS:
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types
of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical
assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer
and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer
and requirements of the job change.